Carters/OshKosh Benefits Analyst (Retirement/Financial) in Atlanta, Georgia
Benefits Analyst (Retirement/Financial)
Date Updated: November 28, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-277202
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Primary Job Duty: Manage U.S. retirement plans and compliance, including policy interpretation and issue resolution.
Retirement Plan Administration, Reporting, & Compliance (70%)
- Manage 401(k) Plan administration and analytics (e.g. payroll/deferral/loans, quarterly and ad hoc reporting, NDT reporting). Includes interpretation of plan documents, issue resolution for employee and system opportunities, and implementation of technology and process improvements.
- Manage pension and deferred compensation plan administration (e.g. pension employee census and benefit tracking, DCP participant status updates, and DCP quarterly distributions). Includes interpretation of plan documents, issue resolution for employee and system opportunities, and implementation of technology and process improvements.
- Manage annual retirement plan audits and 5500 filings. Manage department control matrices based on annual SOC1 review and additional identified controls. Complete or confirm regular analytics for department compliance controls, including resolution of any identified opportunities. Partner with internal/external audit as needed.
- Ensure department compliance with all required communications for all Retirement plans (e.g. SPD, SMM, SAR, etc.).
- Ensure awareness of ongoing regulatory updates, escalating related projects as appropriate.
Benefits Communications & Special Projects (30%)
- Manage financial wellness program, including events, communications, vendor management, and special projects.
- Manage Tuition Assistance program, including oversight of third party administrator, communications, international administration and policies.
- Manage Scholarship program, including application review, selection committee coordination, payouts, metrics/reporting, communications, and policies.
- Manage Commuter benefits and Phipps Parking reimbursement program, including applications, reimbursements, metrics/reporting, communications, and policies.
- Support department customer service, and maintain internal documentation/procedures for all areas of responsibility.
- Special Projects and support of international retirement benefits initiatives.
- Daily consulting and communications with Carters employees and vendors.
- Communicate with HR partners/managers to provide up-to-date information on employee benefit matters. Include legal department or ERISA counsel as needed.
Experience and Skills
- 2+ years retirement benefits administration/HR experience required. Communications background a plus.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Experience working with HRIS systems, ADP Enterprise and ADPR preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, supporting both internal and external customers.
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel) with proven ability to quickly learn other required systems. HRIS and Benefits Admin system experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Retirement Plan regulations (e.g. ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and PPACA), with ongoing management of regulatory developments. H&W/ACA knowledge a plus.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today