Carters/OshKosh Senior Director, Insights in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Director, Insights
Date Updated: July 30, 2018
Job Level: Management
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 10 - 15 Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-259041
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Lead company efforts to gather and synthesize consumer and marketing information, turn "insights into actions" by defining the initiative roadmap to improve the customer experience, and lead the cross-functional test and learn agenda.
Research and Insights 50%
- Lead company-wide efforts to gather and synthesize our extensive, disparate sources of consumer, transactional, social media, and market data into a more integrated, holistic view of the customer. Identify key business insights and emerging trends.
- Lead global consumer research initiatives including annual brand tracker (multiple countries), customer satisfaction surveys, and numerous "ad hoc" research initiatives covering product, brand, and store/online shopping experience.
- Leverage extensive Retail customer/transactional data, combined with quantitative and qualitative research data, to develop consumer insights that will inform and drive product, Retail and brand messaging and strategy.
- Develop a social listening capability that expands and complements existing research to help us better understand and engage our customers in digital space.
- Partner cross-functionally with Product Development, Marketing, Retail and International teams to help them better understand our customers, the market, and our most important opportunities.
Retail and Marketing Initiatives 25%
- Gather and synthesize internal and external data to identify key customer/market insights, identify/predict trends and inform our strategy and key initiatives
- Help the team turn "insights into actions" by identifying and prioritizing initiatives most important to delighting our customers and driving business/profitability growth.
- Partner with Retail and Marketing leadership team to develop annual and five year plan incorporating consumer insights and planned initiatives. Develop materials for Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
Test and Learn Agenda 25%
- Lead Retail and Marketing initiative to develop expanded, more rigorous "test and learn" methodology encompassing all aspects of customer experience including Marketing, stores, mobile, online, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop test agenda across all areas. Lead steering committee to coordinate tests, communicate results, and align on "do differents" based on results.
- Develop a more rigorous testing methodology and measurement capability.
- Synthesize results across tests to evolve our understanding of the customer and how better to serve her needs.
- Manage team of 3 consumer insights individuals and annual consumer insights budget of $850k
Experience and Skills
- Action / results focused strategic thinker who is detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data to problem solve across the organization
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with the ability to convert key takeaways in a clear and visual manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, building internal cross-functional and external vendor relationships
- Ability to prioritize across multiple competing demands and manage to tight budgets and deadlines
- 10+years of industry relevant experience with 3+years successfully leading an insights practice area
- BS/BA required
- Thorough knowledge and command of research methodologies, techniques and processes, preferably in a retail organization
- Proven track record of guiding insights that are connected back to the business in decision making
- Demonstrated business experience in other functional areas
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today