Carters/OshKosh Senior Retoucher in Atlanta, Georgia
Date Updated: November 05, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 7 - 10 Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-264479
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
- Senior Digital Retoucher follows the established standards for color correcting, image clipping/silhouetting and manipulation of digital images to produce the highest-quality images possible. Helps lead a team working to accurately represent our products on-figure and product, online and in print.
- Prioritize retouching to meet high volumes of assets
- Receive creative direction/approvals from Retouching Manager
- Maintain and follow server image asset organization/proper file naming and image protocol
- Quality control, prepare and release final files
- Ability to work within a team concept as well as under limited supervision
- Daily tracking of time per project, number and type of assets completed
- Develop and refine retouching workflow processes and procedures for internal retouching team and external vendors, contractors and freelancers.
- Help develop and mentor regular / junior members of team
- Maintain and order supplies for proofing equipment
- Research and implement new techniques
- Uploading/downloading of assets off shore daily
Experience and Skills
- Mastery of color theory, color matching, color correction in RGB and CMYK color spaces
- Mori removal, image sharpening, enlargement, flesh tones, compositing etc.
- Technical knowledge of color profiles, color conversions and screen calibration software
- Expert working knowledge Photoshop. Layers, paths, masks, actions, color correction and batch processing.
- Functional level with Excel, Word, Indesign, Capture One and Lightroom
- Portfolio demonstrating retouching expertise
- Keen eye for detail and individual brand consistency
- Excellent time management and highly organized
- Proven ability to work well under tight, ever changing deadlines
- Ecommerce and print experience, in a high volume fashion or luxury environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and value different opinions
- Ability to teach and lead regular / junior team members in photoshop techiques and process adherence
- Review and quality control daily workload
- Solution oriented, proactive, flexible, professional, self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Pre-press, print & digital production, quality control and photographic retouching knowledge
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or Photography, 7+ years experience in a professional photo studio or high volume ecommerce production studio.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today