Carters/OshKosh Product Designer - Home Gear/Hardgoods, Skip Hop in New York, New York
Product Designer - Home Gear/Hardgoods, Skip Hop
New York, NY
Date Updated: November 14, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 3+
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-277125
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Parenting can be tough, but at Skip Hop, we believe it can be easier when you have highly functional products on hand. Our team brings modern design to life, creating innovative essentials for moms, dads and infants all over the world. The brand is a favorite of parents worldwide, sought after for its best-in-class products that feature iconic designs with an emphasis on function, high quality and authenticity. We're big enough to be a major player and trend-setter in the marketplace, but small enough for everyone to have serious impact on our business.
- Concept Sketching and Ideation
- Creating models and mock ups
- Researching trends and testing products with children and Parents
- Technical design specifications
- 3D modeling and surfacing in Solid Works
- Communicating and presenting with development marketing teams
- Some communication and travel to overseas factories required.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors or masters degree in industrial design or related field
- 3 + years of experience designing products for manufacturing
- Excellent sketching and presentation skills
- Proficient in 3D modeling using Solid Works and rendering using Key Shot.other 3D software packages are a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Experience designing childrens products or in a related field. Experience designing baby gear and small furniture is preferred.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today