Carters/OshKosh Senior Accounting Manager - Skip Hop in New York, New York
Senior Accounting Manager - Skip Hop
New York, NY
Date Updated: November 14, 2018
Job Level: Management
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 5 + Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-273716
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Parenting can be tough, but at Skip Hop, we believe it can be easier when you have highly functional products on hand. Our team brings modern design to life, creating innovative essentials for moms, dads and infants all over the world. The brand is a favorite of parents worldwide, sought after for its best-in-class products that feature iconic designs with an emphasis on function, high quality and authenticity. We're big enough to be a major player and trend-setter in the marketplace, but small enough for everyone to have serious impact on our business.
- Manage and oversee the complete monthly, quarterly and annual closing process for the Skip Hop business (domestically and internationally)
- Ensure completion of accurate and timely account reconciliations.
- Analyze and review significant reserve entries.
- Analyze and review all P&L and Balance Sheet accounts and provide appropriate explanations for variances between budgets, forecasts, and prior year amounts.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure financial information is complete, accurate
- Partner with IT and Financial Reporting to manage, coordinate and implement financial system initiatives to meet business needs.
- Manage the general ledger system for Skip Hop and coordinate with master data management on chart of account changes.
- Ensure the accounting and reporting for company initiatives are complete and accurate. Assist with the implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure deadlines are met and effectively communicated.
- Ensure the maintenance of systems and databases based on changes in business.
Reporting & Analysis
- Responsible for review of documents for SEC filings, finance presentations and BOD materials. Coordinate all of the Sarbanes-oxley requests and documentation.
- Preparation and review of the quarterly close package to Corporate Finance and Financial Reporting teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing KPIs pertaining to the Balance Sheet and the P&L.
- Responsible for monitoring SG&A expenses and partnering with the business to develop or improve current processes and procedures.
- Partner with business to understand SG&A variances to budget and forecasts and provide to the FP&A team to ensure accurate reporting.
- Work with business partners to develop key reports to help manage the business.
- Manage the internal control structure to ensure SOX compliance; implement controls where needed to ensure adequate safe guards as the business grows.
- Ensure processes and controls are in compliance with financial controls.
- Provide assistance to internal and external audit teams during financial and SOX audits.
- Partner with business to streamline processes and increase financial controls to ensure financial integrity.
Internal Partnerships/Technical Liaison
- Assist business on technical accounting matters and provide guidance.
- Liaison on special projects to ensure appropriate accounting treament and program budget spend.
Coordinate/review the work of 7 associates
Supervises 2 direct reports, 1 AR Associate, 3 AR Coordinators, 1 AP Coordinator
- Ability to lead a team and promote growth.
- Communicates effectively with external vendors and outside auditors.
- Special projects as needed.
Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Budgeting and forecasting fundamentals; must have the ability to problem solve and maintain intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced, high volume envirionment.
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to partner within the organization to drive results.
- Strong analytical skills –capable of strategic data analysis to drive business improvements and analyze highly complex operational processes.
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited university, CPA highly preferred.
- 5-7 years prior experience coordinating monthly closing processes is a must, including supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of FP&A / budgetary concepts in a highly complex environment.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today