Carters/OshKosh DC Coordinator - 1st Shift Monday - Thursday in Stockbridge, Georgia
DC Coordinator - 1st Shift Monday - Thursday
Date Updated: December 07, 2018
Job Level: Entry Level(less than 2 years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: Less than 1 Year
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: High School/GED
Position ID: 85329-278206
Carter's, Inc. (NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 600 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's.
Managing and Monitoring 60%
Insure that all packing procedures are followed consistently
- Insure correction of packing errors by operator in error
- Monitor packers work for quality
Expedite orders that are on hold Leading and Training 40%
Perform on-the-job training with existing employees and new hires.
- Control distribution of orders into the packing areas
- In the department supervisors absence, perform backup supervisory responsibilities
- Working knowledge of retail systems and procedures
Working knowledge of WMOS and Microsoft Office
Serves as back-up for Operations Trainers and conducts associate training/re-training as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Must have the ability to perform the job with the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- The ability to use Radio Frequency (RF) equipment and other warehouse management systems, as needed.
The ability to use basic computer functions as needed.
Team player willing to perform various job duties to support the department and the facility objectives and key performance indicators.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors, Managers, and peers).
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Must be able to calculate and keep accurate records
- Must have knowledge of packing procedures.
- Must have leadership skills
- Must have knowledge of Picking and Ticketing Procedures
- Must have good attendance and work record
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carters policies and procedures.
Must know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
- At least six months in a distribution center environment preferred
Physical and Work Demands:
- Must be flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.